The Carnegie Gallery is grateful to its wonderful volunteers for their time and the vast contribution of their talent, knowledge, and expertise which has been so integral to its ongoing success. Please review our current volunteer opportunities if you would like to be a member of this important group.
Our Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Do you enjoy helping and interacting with people? An ability to handle cash and process debit and credit cards is necessary. But training will be provided and staff will be available to help.
A 3-hour weekly commitment would be ideal.
Do you have an artistic flare? Would you enjoy coming into the Gallery 2-3 times a month to create and maintain attractive displays of art and craft in the Gift Shop area of the Gallery? Physically fit individuals who are comfortable moving display plinths, pedestals, climbing ladders, lifting art works and pottery, and cleaning the display areas of the gallery are welcome to apply.
Reception Shoppers and Reception chefs/cooks*
The Carnegie Gallery is on a quest to find some “foodie” people to volunteer for exhibition openings!
In particular, we are looking for:
1. Talented food shoppers who actually like shopping and can grocery shop for interesting and healthy food for exhibition reception openings.
2. Talented chefs or cooks who enjoy cooking, and would like to prepare goodies (e.g. dips, cookies etc.) to compliment the purchased items for our reception openings.
* Food shoppers and chefs/cooks may be separate individuals or coexist in one “heavenly” body.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you’re interested in volunteering!
Please call: 905-627-4265
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, please fill out our downloadable Volunteer Application Form and mail or drop off in person to the Carnegie Gallery, 10 King Street West, Dundas, Ontario L9H 1T7.
Other ways to volunteer at the Carnegie Gallery:
– Administrative work
– as members of the Board of Directors
– Exhibition installation
– Exhibition openings
– Fundraising event organizers and members (e.g. annual Secret Gardens Tour)
– Volunteer coordinator