The Carnegie Gallery Shop is a showcase for fine art and crafts created by our regional Artist Members. Applications for Artist Membership are usually juried annually by the peer-review Artist Membership Selection Committee. The Committee consists of current Carnegie Gallery Artist Members.
DEADLINE: March 31st yearly
Please make an appointment to deliver work!
Apply with the following:
1) Completed Artist Membership Application Form
2) Resumé or Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
3) Artist Statement (what your work is about)
4) 5 to 7 samples of recent work – work submitted must be presented as if ready for sale i.e. framed, labeled, and priced
5) A retail price list which includes a description of the work (title, year, medium, size)
Be prepared to leave your work for two weeks for the jurying and administrative process.
What we look for:
– Contemporary fine art and craft which will diversify or complement the kind of work already available in the Gallery Shop.
– Work meeting high standards of conception, design, and execution.
– Applicants must reside in this geographic area.
– A minimum of 12 hours of volunteer time per year are required (volunteer sign-up at renewal time).
– Artist Memberships are renewed annually in January.
– Artist Membership fee is $50.00 (includes $3.45 HST and a charitable donation of $20).
– Artists selected for membership are expected to have work for sale on a regular basis.
A temporary short-term membership is available for the holiday Christmas season. Fine art and craft may be submitted for approval by the Gallery during the month of September. If possible, email the gallery 5 to 7 jpg images of your work, a description of the work (materials and size), and a retail price list. Otherwise, please call to arrange an appointment. We look for work which will diversify or complement the kind of work already available in the Gallery Shop.
If accepted, the Holiday Membership fee is $25 or you may be a Supporting Member.
The Carnegie Gallery
10 King Street West