How to Apply for an Exhibition
Solo and group proposals in all designer craft and visual art media accepted.
Deadline: May 31st of the current year
Exhibition Proposal List
~ Please submit documents on letter sized 8 1/2 ” x 11″ paper.
1) Exhibition Proposal
A description of your proposed exhibit, not more than one page (or 500 words) long.
2) Resumé (or Curriculum Vitae)
3) Artist Statement
A description of your work, not more than one page (or 500 words) long.
4) Digital Images (on a CD-ROM)
Solo Proposals – 10 images
Group Proposals – 15 images
– Submit digital images on a CD-ROM in JPEG format only (PC compatible)
– Have each image showing only one work. However, up to two images submitted may be installation shots of exhibitions.
– Width or Height approximately 1000 pixels
– Maximum individual file size of 1.5 MB
– Number then title each digital image (e.g. 01.title.jpg)
– Each image file must be numbered and presented chronologically (from oldest to most recent work).
– Make sure the number and title correspond to your Image List
– Write your name and phone number on the CD-ROM
5) Image List
List the images you are supplying on the Digital Images CD-ROM.
– Image number
– Dimensions Height x Width x Depth (if applicable), specify inches or centimetres.
Please mail or hand deliver your Exhibition Proposal package to:
Exhibition Selection Committee
10 King Street West
Dundas, Ontario L9H 1T7
– Deadline date is the date for which the package must be received by the Carnegie Gallery.
– We do not accept PowerPoint, video, or emailed submissions.
– If you would like anything returned, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your application.
– We mail out Exhibition Proposal application results 6 to 8 weeks after the deadline date.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Gallery
To see a virtual tour of the inside of the Carnegie Gallery click here.